New Children’s Library!
At AHI, we believe that reading is a paramount for a child’s development both academically and personally. We are delighted to inform you that we now have an engaging library for our students and teachers.
We are happy to provide you with the opportunity to see the library for the first time when you collect your children’s Italian class books on September 5 and September 6 between 8:30-10:30 and 2:00-4:00pm.
What’s the purpose of the library?
- The library is for students and teachers.
- It’s purpose is to encourage and develop a passion for reading
Who can access the library?
- Parents may be invited by classroom teachers on special occasions in order to celebrate the children’s fantastic work
- Children will visit the library on a regular basis.
- Only children who return the library consent form will be able to take books home
What’s in the library?
- Reading books for teachers to take for their classrooms
- Italian and English books, identified by Key Stage and separated by topic: history, geography, science, reading as narrative
How does it work?
- Parents must sign the library consent form in order for children to have the privilege of taking home books
- Each book is clearly labeled
- Teachers will record which books each child takes home
- Books must be returned to the school in due time according to teacher guidelines; if books are not returned, the student will not be able to take another book.