FAIRY TALE Writing Contest
Stories matter. They matter a lot. They can make us think, reflect, laugh and cry.
At Acorn House International this year we are proud to announce the first story writing contest to inspire and motivate our young writers. Fairy Tale can educate us, persuade and entertain us. They contain a moral and teach lessons about excellence in conduct or character.
Dear parents it gives me great pleasure to invite your child to participate to the contest.
CATEGORIES AND THEME:
Categories:Year 3 & year 4; Year 5 & year 6
Theme & Options:
Traditional Fairy Tale remake (Option A) or Original Fairy Tale writing (Option B)
Prize: Best two stories in each category will be published in the AHI Web site and the first place winner in each category will win a pair of ice skate shoes.
- The contest will run from 18th of January 2017. Pieces must be submitted to your English class teachers by Friday 27th January 2017
- It is open to children between year 3/year 4 and year 5/year 6
- Only one piece of writing per participant will be allowed
- The piece of writing must be an original work created by the participant
- Fairy Tale should be minimum 250 words for year 3/4 and minimum 500 words for year 5/6
- Entries will be read by class teachers who will decide the best two pieces in each class, according to the Success Criteria attached to each option.
The best two pieces of each class will be judged by Primary and Middle school English Curriculum coordinators and Head teacher, who will decide the best two pieces per category that will be published on the school web and among them they will identify the First place winners.
Winners will be announced before the white week holidays, during a Wednesday general assembly and announced in the school News on the Web.