Welcome to Acorn House English Summer Camp in Rome 2019!
Acorn House Summer Camp in Rome has its very own team of mother tongue English instructors, who will be working with us for the entire three weeks. The English Summer Camp experience at Acorn House provides many benefits for children, including the following:
- Children’s social and emotional skills are developed as well as a greater understanding of tolerance and moral choices through practical team activities.
- They are encouraged to discover and explore new and existing talents and interests while working within a team or individually. This, in turn, opens up opportunities to demonstrate leadership, problem solving and rapport building skills.
- Their confidence is developed as they become more independent through learning how to navigate relationships away from their parents in a safe and secure environment;
Our Camp philosophy is to enhance children's individual skills while focusing on team building and group activities. We have a strong background in summer camp management, based on 20 years of experience.
We ensure a good ratio of educators to children, and place the children in comfortable, age-related groups. Our school philosophy is similarly reflected in our commitment to promote an optimum experience during our summer programme.
Positive reinforcement, role-modeling and a sense of fair play are central at Acorn House International Summer Camps in English.
Safety at our camps is a high priority and year after year we have developed and shaped clear guide lines both for participants and educators. The camp environment and organisation is updated annually to make sure your child has an unforgettable summer, full of fun and exciting activities whilst being exposed to a high level of English for eight hours a day. Outdoor activities take place within 2 acres of luscious green park situated just off Via Cassia in the North of Rome and only 20 minutes from the city centre of Rome. Our experienced, energetic and caring English educators are there to supervise and guide students through a variety of tasks. Not only do we provide a creative, educational environment, but your child will also have an opportunity to make lasting friendships and practice their English language skills from a beginner level up to advanced.
The English Summer Camp is divided into age groups as follows:
3-5 years old (Nursery-Year 1) – Closely supervised by experienced and enthusiastic members of staff. The children participate in numerous activities in the school grounds. These include sports, ceramics, access to the swimming pool etc. Great care is taken to avoid keeping children outside during the hottest part of the day.
6 – 11 years old (Year 2 – year 6) – At Acorn House Summer Camp, students are divided into mixed age teams that participate in numerous activities during the week, under the
supervision of an enthusiastic team-leader. Each team competes and earns points for each activity throughout the week and the winning team is awarded a prize for their efforts.
12-13 years old (year 7- year 9) –activities for the older children are designed to reflect their interests. We have a rowing camp for those who want something more active and we even offer the chance for students to learn to windsurf or sail with our partners in Trevignano. We respect the independence that our older students have, and if they want to have time out from a sporting activity, they are able to take a break in the pool with friends, all under the supervision of experienced instructors. Our external partners in Trevignano, offer Acorn House students the chance to learn how to sail or windsurf with English-speaking instructors. The courses run from Monday to Friday and include lodging with evening activities all arranged internally. These courses are available to children over 7 years of age, who are able to swim. For more details about our programmes, please download our brochure.
Acorn House Summer Camps:
- Summer Camp at Acorn House
- Spend the day meeting and playing with old and new friends at Acorn House International with our mother tongue English teachers.
- Summer Camp with Cambridge English Lessons
- Spend the morning learning English from our qualified language teachers and then the afternoon participating in fun activities
- Summer Camp with Cooking Lessons
- Join our expert chef Mr. Justin for a morning of cooking foods from around the world. Then join in the afternoon's fun activities.
- Camp with English Phonics (for 3 to 5 year olds)
- Introducing younger learners in how to read using synthetic phonics with our English mother tongue teachers.
- Camp with Sailing
- Our partners in Trevignano organise a whole week, from Monday to Friday of full-immersion sailing lessons.
- Camp with Rowing
- Join a special team of young rowers who will take you through the basics and introduce you to rowing, preparing to get you rowing on the water.
Our activities include:
- Team building
- blindfold rope course, tyre puzzle, pallet swing, mud obstacle course.
- Group work
- scavenger hunt, Masterchef cook off, art challenge
- Art lab
- ceramics, woodwork, painting, using textiles
- Sports camp
- football, touch-rugby, zone-ball, basketball, rounders, volley ball, tennis.
- Water sports
- relay races, treasure hunt, boat races etc
To apply to Acorn House International Summer Camp, you must use the online registration form (you may also download the PDF registration form preview). For sailing camp, additional documents are required (see the enclosed list below).
Please notice that online applications must be confirmed within 14 days with payment, otherwise will be discarded.